November 1, 2010

Halloween Fun

Doug and I dressed up as Leonard and Penny from "The Big Bang Theory" this year. I don't have pictures..but we did so good, I think I may make Doug put on his costume again so that we can document it. :) On friday, we went to Tommi's halloween party. She went all out with crazy decorations. I didn't have my costume ready yet on friday, so I just went as "doug" (my husband) I wore one of his outfits including shoes and a halo hat. I carried around an xbox controller and had his microphone/headset thing in my ear. I also wore his Kraft name tag that he wears when he's working. I was pretty legit. I had fun dressing up like him. He thought I was making fun of him the whole night, but really I was complimenting how cool he is. At least he has an actual style that is recognizable. :) Here's a picture of us:
Stephanie is on the right, as Miss Frizzle (from the magic school bus), Doug in the middle as Leonard (from the big bang theory) and ME on the left as "my husband, Doug"
On Saturday, our ward had a Trunk or Treat. It was so fun to see all the cute kids dressed up. Saturday was also the day that we got ALL of our trick-or-treaters. Not a single trick or treater came on Sunday (which was ACTUALLY Halloween!). Apparently, there was some type of news broadcast that everyone knew about that had announced that Trick or Treating would happen on Saturday this year. Can I just say, MORMONS ARE WEIRD!!! lol. I love being LDS, but seriously, am I the only one who thinks that this is weird?? okay, that's the end of that rant. :)
I'm glad halloween is over now, because I don't really like decorating for halloween. All the decorations are scary or just plain annoying to set up (like the stupid spiderwebs... don't even get me started!) I'm totally ready for christmas! Even though we won't be here for christmas this year, I still am so excited to put up lights and get a christmas tree and make a christmas wreath. I love Christmas!

4 comments:

Packard Adventures said...

I'm excited to decorate for Christmas too! What kind of wreath are you going to make? I love Christmas and the feeling it brings! I've already been listening to Christmas music for the last couple of weeks!

Ashley said...

hahaha i love your halloween costume! i need pictures!

Kendra said...

this is the wreath I want to make:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kn-zL97v5aI/S0A-NpKwFXI/AAAAAAAACW4/yh1UIvaCk9M/s400/wreath+lima+beans.jpg
It's made out of Lima Beans!

Packard Adventures said...

Kendra! Love the picture, you make a good doug!! And the wreath looks cute, you could totally do that! Let me know how it goes!